Pancakes are a breakfast staple that have been around for centuries, and here at Chip’s Family Restaurant they are near and dear to our heart. The pan-fried flat cakes drenched in sweet syrup have become loved and cherished by breakfast lovers all over the world. There are countless recipe variations such as a cinnamon or chocolate base or topping them with berries, nuts and chocolate chips. You could have a pancake a day and never get sick of the unlimited options! Pancakes might be your preferred breakfast option, but you can’t be a true fanatic without knowing these 10 interesting pancake facts. Check ‘em out!
- The first pancake recipe to appear in an English cookbook was in the 15th century.
- In most English-speaking countries pancakes have their own holiday known as National Pancake Day or Shrove Tuesday.
- The world’s most expensive pancakes ring in at $1,166. The recipe includes pink champagne, truffles, caviar and lobster. These pricey pancakes are found at Radisson Blu Edwardian Hotel’s five-star Opus restaurant.
- The record for the most pancake flips took place in 1995 and is held by Dean Gould. He flipped a pancake 349 times in two minutes.
- In 2013, Ross McCurdy made 1,092 pancakes, breaking the record for the most pancakes made by an individual in one hour.
- In Sweden, you can order pancakes made from pork blood called Blodplättar.
- Southerners consume about 32.5% of pancakes in the United States.
- The catchphrase “flat as a pancake” has been around since at least 1611.
- The world’s biggest pancakes measured more than 49 feet in diameter and weighed about 6,614 pounds…Whoa
- Chip’s Family Restaurant has some of the best pancakes in Connecticut!
Chip’s Family Restaurant serves breakfast, lunch and dinner to customers in Fairfield, Orange, Southbury, Trumbull, Wethersfield, and our newest location, Southington, Connecticut. All our meals are homemade, breakfast is served all day, and we use local fresh produce. To visit one of our locations or view our menu items, please click on the tabs above